The Best Braided Fishing Line For Spinning Reels(And Why)
What are the Different Types of Fishing Line?
In general, there are three fishing lines in the market, monofilament, fluorocarbon, and braided fishing lines.
Monofilament Fishing Line
Generally a single-strand line. Let’s talk about the advantages first. The technology of mono line is very mature, so it is the cheapest among the three types of fishing lines. Mono line has a certain stretch, it is not easy to break when casting and fishing, and because of its smooth surface, it is a fishing line with the lightest wear on the guide ring after long-term use. However, the disadvantages are also very obvious. It also because of its stretch, when the fish to be caught, the signal will not be transmitted immediately which will affect the casting distance. have a certain impact.
Fluorocarbon Fishing Line
Fluorocarbon line, is normally used as a leader in lure fishing. It is extremely difficult to elongate in daily use, and the tensile force loss after absorbing water is very small. The fluorocarbon line also has the characteristics of strong UV resistance, strong acid resistance, strong alkali resistance, etc. Its refractive index is close to that of water, so it is not easy to be detected by fish. The biggest disadvantage is that it is expensive.
Braided Fishing Line
PE line refers to the fishing line made of multi-strand chemical fiber woven and then dipped, commonly known as braided fishing line.
The advantage of this line is that the diameter of the line is much thinner than that of mono under the same tension. , the PE line is significantly thinner, and the impact is that it has less wind resistance when casting, so the casting distance will also increase accordingly.
Another feature of the PE line is that because it has no stretch, it can transmit the signal to the hand immediately at the moment when the fish bites and pulls. Finally, braided fishing line is very cost-effective because of its wear resistance.
Why is Braided Fishing Line Important?
- First, it cast a longer distance. When using the same rod and reel for all throws,The distance between the line sizes did make a slight difference but the braided line was always further.
- The next reason is that it is much stronger than mono and fluoro (compare to the same diameter).20 lb braided line is the same thickness as 6 lb mono so you can get away with catching bigger fish.
- The third reason is that it is more sensitive than mono and fluoro and has no stretch.
- The last reason it that braid fishing line suitable for more lines on your reels.
What color braided fishing line to use?Last post we discuss HOW TO CHOOSE THE BRAIDED FISHING LINE IN BASS FISHING?
The color of braided fishing line may have an impact on fishing.
- Choose the colors similar to the surrounding environment. such as some camouflage colors, hi-vis green or dark green.
- If you don't want it to contaminate your fingers, you can try to use white, but after a period of time, white will be washed by water again. Or the dirt in the water is stained with other colors
Which Braided Fishing Line is Best for Spinning Reels?
1.Runcl Ultra Strong Braided Fishing Line
You could choose the size and model that meets your needs, this braided fishing line is ranging from 12 LB test all the way up to 100 LB and spools can come in three lengths 300M/346 yards, 500M/546 yards and 1000M/1093 yards.
Do you ever use multicolor braided fishing line? Maybe you could try it with RUNCLs’. Multicolor help to measure the depth of water column to increase casting distance.
2. RUNCL Braided Fishing Line Merced
It is a stronger smoother fishing line for freshwater and saltwater.